<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Some kid told my child there is no Santa. Here's what I did.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Some kid told my child there is no Santa. Here's what I did.


A few days ago a neighbor boy told my 6 year old, "There is no Santa, it's all make believe." 
It's funny though, when my son told me this my knee jerk reaction as a mom was to get angry at this kid and I wanted to march over there and set him straight, but my sweet son said, "Mom he can believe in whatever he wants. I believe Santa. He doesn't."

Man, kids are so smart aren't they?!

 I feel like my little man is so wise! That was it and he dropped the subject.

He was right...it's fine if this kid doesn't believe.  It has nothing to do with what we believe and that can be applied to so many other situations :)

Just in case there was some sort of doubt though, I remembered this awesome free printable mailing label from Santa via Design Dazzle.

                                         


I filled a shipping box with two inexpensive toys and candy canes and used the shipping label from the North Pole!
When my kids were upstairs,I rang the doorbell and softly shut the door and went in another room. They came downstairs and this was on the doorstep. It was also frozen because the North Pole is cold! 

This picture was taken after they calmed down, but they were screaming with excitement. I'm kicking myself now for not video-taping it! Darn...

I loved that this led into a long conversation about what Santa's house and workshop looked like. Their imaginations are so fun...My daughter looked at her toy from Walgreens and said, "Wow an elf made this!" HA 
 
Isn't this a fun idea?! They LOVED it....
Has anyone tried to squash your child's Christmas spirit?

SNAP!
The 36th AVENUE


A++


7 Comments:

At December 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger fefechristine said...

I love this! They are never going to forget their early Christmas present straight from the North Pole.

 
At December 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Okio B Designs said...

Oh noooooooooooooooo! That is one of my biggest fears. They day my boys come home and say that. I love your solution and kudos for not marching over to speak to the other kid's mom!

Jeanine

 
At December 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Great idea! I am not looking forward to my kids finding out for some snotty nose kid!

 
At December 13, 2012 at 5:56 AM , Blogger  Kim said...

Lol. Yeah my first born was about 3 some neighbor boy who was 9 told her that and I was so mad.

But, the weird thing is that I now come across so many families that strongly don't "believe" in santa since they feel its lying or makes the kids focus on gifts rather than the Christian aspect etc...I feel like my kids are the only ones that are santa believers anymore. I don't see what the big deal is. Let them have fun. My oldes is now almost 15 and these years go by so fast so why not have fun when they are little. Santa is Fun!

Anyway, last year somehow we got mysterious letters in the mail from santa's workshop and I honestly don't know where they came from. They had a North pole address listed. When you opened them they smelled of pepermint and had tiny sparkles inside. Seriously! They were hand written letters that knew exactly what my kids wished for and talked about things only my kids would know. I asked so many people and no one admits to sending them. I really have no clue who did it. I guess I will never find out. Maybe, it really was from Santa!

But these labels look like a great idea this year.

 
At December 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Christine Jargick - JPEG Apothecary said...

We did the whole Santa thing when my kids were little. But when they found out that Santa wasn't real I told them the truth. BUT, I told them that this knowledge was a BIG responsibility and now that they were so grown up, they couldn't spoil it for the littler kids. I had so much fun watching them protect their grown up secret and play along for the little kids. And, it was so cute to see them realize...hey, wait, what about the Easter Bunny? And the tooth fairy??
Now my niece is asking questions and her parents want to keep her believing a little longer. I just might send her something from Santa. Fun stuff!

 
At December 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM , Blogger omyn said...

I saw a card once that said " when you stop believing in Santa, you get socks." I am 41 and I still believe :)

 
At December 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

awww so cute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home