<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Our New Playroom Tour (Organizing the Kid Clutter)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our New Playroom Tour (Organizing the Kid Clutter)


I'm excited to give you a tour of our new playroom today! It's finally finished! Hooray for organizing all the kid clutter!
We moved in two weeks ago and the new house has a loft upstairs we are now using as a playroom.

Here's what it looked like up until last Saturday. I so dislike moving because it forces you to deal with all the clutter...and we hadn't dealt with all the toys my kids have accumulated in a long while.

But about 10 hours later it look like this! Man...these tiny people sure do collect "stuff" so quickly don't they! lol We sorted through every single toy, book, game, and puzzle we had. It was painful, but worth it. We have a huge box for donation and garage sale now.
Here are some of the fun details of our new space!

In anticipation of this move I visited Ikea in Tempe, AZ knowing I would not have one in Fresno.
I've always wanted this hanging organizational tool so I grabbed two. It comes with a long wire so you can decide how long it needs to be. Then you just use these clips to hang whatever you'd like. I LOVE the artwork displayed like this!!


We are using our kids table up here perfect for a little art area. 
The four tiered toy organizer and bins was a great Goodwill find at $20. It works perfect for all the small toys. Our Red Envelope growth chart works awesome in here. We've had it forever and never had space for it :)


I love these inexpensive plastic hanging baskets from Ikea and wish I bought more. It makes a perfect home for all the coloring books... I had to add a chalkboard adhesive to the wall :)

These little chalkboard label buckets are in the dollar bins at Target. I hung them with shower curtain hangers and a small towel rod.
These bookcases used to be in my son's room in our old house and were originally left over from previous tenants in our Vegas house who no longer wanted them, So free score...

Remember this sign I made for Easter?
It was collecting dust in the garage so I painted a sign for the playroom!
I printed out letters from PicMonkey and then used the pencil transfer method to outline the letters in pencil on the board and then painted them. The imagine I just did freehand...
 I think it looks pretty fab with our Red Envelope canvas hand and footprint art. (Which was a nice gift from my dad.)

 How fun would that be to give a basket of blank canvases and paint for a family to make their own?!) I bet just going to the craft store and putting it all together would be way less than Red Envelope...
Ahhh see all those books and games all together and organized....happiness :)

 Here's the toy box we refinished and painted last year and two big baskets from Goodwill.
 And finally the domestic area :)
So this space was a ton of work mostly because we had not purged and organized any of it in a while, but I really hope to keep up with it. Plus our kids now know where everything goes so, clean up time should be easier...hopefully! Do you find it difficult to control toy and kid clutter?

Follow along and never miss a post!!
Follow along here.
A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter

Joining these Parties:

ter>
SNAP!

The 36th AVENUE


Create and Inspire

11 Comments:

At September 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

It turned out great! Now in my case the kids would have to keep it clean... :)

 
At September 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

love it and totally envious of that space! xoxo

 
At September 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Susan S. said...

Lina, this is adorable! I love that you can see simple (inexpensive!) items and envision them in a new way. I don't have that skill, but maybe if I watch your transformations often enough, I'll catch on. Are you creating a new craft space in the new place?

By the way, I'm trying to find those Dr. Seuss bags that you used for wall art. My daughter is in college studying to be an elementary school teacher and I think this would be darling in a classroom! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity.

-- Susan

 
At September 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I need to organize and clean my kids toy room/area SO bad. You've given me ideas!

 
At September 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Sarah Leonard said...

This is a great project - you've made the kids room so organised!

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At September 5, 2012 at 2:37 AM , Blogger Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Cool play room, those foot/hand print canvases are adorable

 
At September 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is gorgeous, I'm so jealous!!!

 
At September 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!! I just traveled 2 hours to the nearest ikea the other day and I sure wish I saw your colouring book idea before that. Great easy access for the kidlets! LOVE!!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM , Blogger LaBelleMadeleine said...

Great ideas!! I love the drawings hung like that!!!

Luisa
labellemadeleine.blogspot.com

 
At September 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Laura's Crafty Life said...

What a great playroom! I love the idea of the coloring books in that basket on the wall! I don't have space for a playroom, but I really love what you did with yours!

 
At January 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Do you know the name of the red coloring book basket? I can't find it on the IKEA website. I need a bunch of those! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home