<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: A+ Classroom Organization (Tour of Mrs. G's Class)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

A+ Classroom Organization (Tour of Mrs. G's Class)


Remember the other day when I visited my aunt at her school Gilbert and we gave her a crayon monogram wreath?


My kids sure had fun playing around in her classroom.
While I was there we met an lovely teacher name Mrs. Guarneri.
She gave us a tour of her Kindergarten classroom and I was amazed and thankful I had my camera!
She is definitely the most ORGANIZED teacher I have ever seen. (And super sweet and friendly too!) Here are some highlights. 
The first thing I noticed was this beautiful board with their mascot. Under that is a row of colored bins. Mrs G said she keeps all the lesson plans for each day in a different bin (including the books they will be reading). She likes this method in case she has a sub or has to leave. They will always know what she is doing....Smart right?
I'm always so curious to know how teachers keep these things straight

OK are you ready for these bins? They have a picture of what goes inside each of them on the bin AND on the shelf so the kids know what goes where!! Genius...I need to do this for my kids toys!! And notice the color coded dots on the shelf!


The next thing I noticed were these super cute crate benches...How awesome would these be in a playroom?!
She said the crates were from Target. She took wood scraps and stapled fabric & padding to the back. Plus she stapled looped ribbon to take them on and off easier. What a great no sew project... I love how they turned out!!

Mrs. G's mom made her this sweet rocking chair pad with matching fabric.

Her talented mom also made an oil cloth chair cover for every chair in the class. Each has a pocket for their papers. My kids need these ASAP for their little table :) The fabric is from Joann's.

I also noticed this crinkled paper border. I love the ruffle look!

I love how she made this fun file organizer and used upside down buckets as chairs at this table.
The last picture is how she displays birthdays. She puts the names and dates of each birthday child on the bags and little dollar store treats in the bag. The kids get really excited about it! :) They are lined up above one of the whiteboards.
The last image I wanted to share was the Dr. Seuss reading garden at Gilbert Elementary. I love anything Lorax and Dr. Seuss :)

Thanks Mrs. G for showing us around!! You definitely get an A+ in organization & classroom ideas!!
Joining here:


Tip Junkie handmade projects

Joining these parties:Bridgid's Daily Lesson Blog's Classroom Linky Party


photo of: Classroom Organization of Materials brought to you by RainbowsWithinReach



Nap-Time Creations

The 36th AVENUE




Visit thecsiproject.com

7 Comments:

At August 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM , Blogger Emily Thompson said...

wow, so many great organizing ideas... these would work for kids toys too :o) Just wanted to invite you to join my Tasteful Tuesday Party. I have been hosting a recipe party (pretty successfully!!!) for over a year now, and this week we are opening up for crafts, DIY and home decor. Hope you can come by and check it out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/08/fresh-pesto-pasta-salad-and-tasteful.html

 
At August 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Your room looks great! Great organization! Thanks for linking up on my "Classroom Tours" linky party!!!

Brigid
Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

 
At August 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Chrissy + Nate said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing: I teach Kindergarten too so I can appreciate all of her hard work! See my classroom on my blog!

Chrissy
@ Everyday with the Jays

 
At August 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Wow! That's all I can say. Fantastic! I love the storage crates that double as stools. I definitely want to make some for my playroom. I would love it if you shared this and any other idea you would like to link up to "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com.

 
At August 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM , Blogger Emily Thompson said...

thanks for posting my button on your post! Thanks for linking to the first every craft link at Tasteful Tuesdays! Hope you come back again this week and show off your stuff! Party Opens tonight at 8:30. http://www.nap-timecreations.com

 
At August 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger The CSI Girl said...

Wow, so cute Lina! I love the chair covers and story garden. Love it all! I hope you will link this up starting tomorrow!!!
www.thecsiproject.com

 
At August 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Marty Walden said...

Absolutely love the organizers. What lucky children you have! Visiting from the CSI Project.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home