<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Simple Flower Arrangement Tips

Friday, June 15, 2012

Simple Flower Arrangement Tips





So remember that one time at SNAP I made a cool flower arrangement?! Ha I never really did a SNAP conference post so here's a super short version and I'm showing you how I made a cute and EASY flower arrangement at the awesome class taught by Megan from Persimmon Floral Design. This was actually one of the most fun sessions I went to!

SNAP was a super fun and exciting creative blogging conference I was able to attend in April. It was held at a beautiful spot near Salt Lake City, Utah called Thanksgiving Point. I had a fabulous time learning about topics such as stenciling, social media, Photoshop, branding, finding your style, party planning, and flower arranging!
I had a blast mingling with some fab bloggers that I love. How fun to meet someone in person that you follow online! 
Here's Jen from Craft-o-maniac, and Desiree from The 36th Ave. Love them!

There was also some excellent shopping at the Queen Bee Market. This is the coolest handmade market EVER! I was in heaven. And that chevron elephant was a perfect gift for my daughter!

OK now back to the flowers...
We each got a pile of flowers and a square glass vase to work with. The most important tips I came away with were to 1.) Make a grid on the top of vase with floral tape, and 2.) Separate like flowers and group them together.
I folded the long grass and tied with floral wire to create this loop. So here I grouped the similar flowers together and then made the front shorter than the back . 
Not bad for my very first real arrangement ever! I was super proud!
Thanks so much for making time for me :)




Tip Junkie handmade projects
The 36th AVENUE

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2012 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Hilary said...

very cute! and the grid is genious!

 
At July 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Megan D. said...

Hi! I just came across your cute post about the flower class at Snap! I'm so glad you had a fun time! And I hope you make another one soon, you are a natural!

Have a great day,

Megan Dunford
Persimmon Floral Design

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home