<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Goodwill Easter Projects (My Spring Entryway)

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goodwill Easter Projects (My Spring Entryway)




Pin It








I love Easter..the bunnies, bright colors, spring dresses, the great weather here.. I love it ALL. Here are a few Goodwill transformations in my entryway right now.




This is my bunny shelf I found for $3.00.

I sanded, primed, filled the holes with wood putty, and painted it Spa Blue (a paint from Hobby Lobby pictured below.) I love cherry blossoms so this paper, also from Hobby Lobby, is perfect for the sheves...I love that I can use him as a fab focal piece or maybe even serve some Easter cookies or treats from it.




The next project is a beveled piece of wood from Goodwill ($2) that I primed & painted the same blue. I had a pack of these wall decals from Target left over from years ago that I saved from my daughter's nursery. (See it pays to hoard baby stuff sometimes :o) ) They happen to be cherry blossoms so I used those to turn it into a piece of wall art. I like that they are removable in case I want to do something different with that piece of wood later.














Finally, here are my Goodwill candlesticks turned Easter topiaries from last year. You can read about them here.

They fit in perfect!!






So what do you think? Do you love thrift store transformations too? :)





Do you decorate for Easter? I think I confused my daughter because she asked, "So mom do I use my Easter basket on Patties day?' HA





Have a beautiful weekend! xo




Linking Here:






UndertheTableandDreaming
Tip Junkie handmade projects
























HOG


The 36th AVENUE




Design Dazzle


Visit thecsiproject.com


21 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Anita said...

Love these! They look so fab now!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You did an amazing job with these items. I am blown away by the transformation of the painted bunny and the topiaries are adorable. I'm a new follower. I host a weekly link party and I'd love for you to link up next week at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com

 
At March 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM , Blogger shy said...

I wish I could spot these kind of finds at the Thrift Store better. I need to try going more often. The bunny shelf is my favorite! I'm trying to decorate a little for Easter this week.

 
At March 10, 2012 at 4:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by The NY Melrose Family and leaving such a sweet comment about my Minnie Mouse Centerpieces. I love your site. Congratulations on the feature over at Tatertots and Jello. I loved this post!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look fabulous! Especially love the bunny shelf..so cute!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Deanna @ TheChangingHouse said...

That's amazing! You did a great job!

 
At March 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

The muted blue with the cherry blossoms is lovely!

 
At March 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Artsy VaVa said...

Great transformations! Gotta love the Goodwill!!!

 
At March 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Witha said...

You did a great job! I love cherry blossom and of course I love your bunny shelf..

Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. I'm your new follower on Linky. I'd love if you can follow me too :D

Thanks
Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Holly @ Bella Nest said...

How adorable! I love your bunny shelf and topiaries! You're so creative! I'm your newest fan. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Maria said...

That bunny shelf is so cute, I love how you re-did it!!!! So sweet!!!!!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Linda Miller said...

Great job--I love it that you are supporting a good cause, getting a great deal and using your diy skills all at the same time!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotgeous!!! I love the bunny shelf most, wish I could find stuff like that at my Goodwill!! You did a great job transforming everything. Thanks so much for sharing,

Lynn @ Scrapity Anne

 
At March 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Lolachoco said...

The color is so lovely..:)

 
At March 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM , Blogger raising4princesses said...

great job! My sister used to have a bunny shelf like that one when she was little! Thanks for the inspiration! If you're interested I have a link party on my site today and I'd love you to join it. Maria at http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2012/03/t-time-67-and-link-party.html

 
At March 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Sybilline said...

Very nice make over!

 
At March 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Crafty Texas Girl said...

Wow! You did a great job. So glad you linked up, I think you are going to inspire a lot crafters.
:) Samantha @ Cowgirl Up!
Craftytexasgirls.com

 
At March 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Bliss said...

I was at Good Will yesterday looking at Easter stuff and thinking "I KNOW someone in blog land can make something with this stuff". Now I know who!

Bliss

 
At March 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Etcetorize said...

Oh my goodness! These transformations are beyond cute! I'd love for you to stop by Etcetorize to share, the party is still going on here: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com/2012/03/make-it-great-monday_11.html . Really hope to see you there~

 
At March 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Etcetorize said...

I just think these are so cute that I'm featuring you tonight at the Make it Great party at Etcetorize! I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button and link up again~

 
At March 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Very cute!! Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home