<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Cornhole Game

Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY Cornhole Game




Pin It





FINALLY...There's a manly post on this girly blog of mine!!

First let me gush for a sec about my hubby. (Here he is on our wedding day.)

He is the smartest, most hardworking. thoughtful, and best dad/husband a girl could ever hope for. I lucked out for sure. And these beautiful big blue eyes my kids have..they're from him.

Wanna know something cool? We met on eharmony.com almost 7 years ago. ( He hates when I tell people this... ha ha) This was his exact profile picture. I'm the one who initiated the contact. lol I remember that clearly. Oh and he's the first and only person I ever met from there. So I always say yep I paid $50 to meet my hubby! :)


My guy happens to work in the construction industry, has power tools, is very handy and a great DIY-er. He recently made us a cornhole game for the backyard. I had never heard of that game until I met him. I think it's a midwest thing. He's from Indiana and a proud Purdue Alum....hence the black and gold.




Cornhole is very much like horseshoes. It's usually played tournament style with beanbags, and anyone can play it so it really does make a great family game. He followed these instructions from ehow.com. It was about $50 in wood. There's also a ton of info about rules on the American Cornhole Association (ACA) website.




I think these would make great wedding gift (for the right couple) with a cool monogram..Do you play cornhole or something similar?













Linking to these fab blogs:




The 36th AVENUE











6 Comments:

At February 21, 2012 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

We are campers and I've seen people playing this game at campgrounds. Looks like fun! and how neat your hubby can make them! Blessings from Bama!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Crafty Texas Girl said...

Ahh! We play cornhole. My hubby made a set too. I sewed the bags:) Love when our men get crafty! Thanks for linking up to the party.
:) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

 
At February 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello's link party...I love this idea. They look fantastic. :) Your newest follower ~ Megan

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Mariel said...

This is also a popular game in Western PA.

 
At February 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

We totally do! My husband introduced me to the game as well. A friend made us the set for our wedding present, and I just recently painted them! You can see them here http://breezypinkdaisies.blogspot.com/2012/02/bears-bean-bag-boards-painting-designs.html !

I'm a new follower! :)

Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

 
At December 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The front of the platform stands 2-1/2 to 4 inches tall and the back of the platform sits 12 inches off the ground. http://customcorntoss.com/cornhole-boards

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home