<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Toddler Leg Warmers from $1.75 Woman's Clearance Knee Socks

Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY Toddler Leg Warmers from $1.75 Woman's Clearance Knee Socks





A few months ago I bought these woman's knee socks at Target for $1.75 with the intention of making my 3 year old some leg warmers. I loved those fancy Baby Leg type brands (which by the way can retail for $9-$11 each!) on her when she was tiny, but she no longer fits in those...sad face :(

After I bought these, I watched this YouTube sewing video (Don't you love those?).

The basic idea is to make a cuff from the foot of the sock and sew it to the bottom of the leg warmer..
Here's how I made mine. I didn't make the cuff narrow like the youtube video since my daughter is not a baby.

First, make these 3 cuts on your sock as shown. Next fold your middle piece in half into a cuff. Put the cuff around the sock (frayed ends together.) Also nothing is turned inside out. (I find that confusing with sewing sometimes!). Then just sew along your frayed edge (stretching a little as you sew). When you are finished just fold it down. That's it. Even little ole me with limited sewing skills figured this out!! Hooray.

Here's how they turn out! I will never pass up some cheap woman's knee socks again!! How cute would these and matching bows be for birthday & Christmas gifts? 

Here's how they look on my tiny dancer! These are perfect for dance class. I also like these better than tights for potty training reasons :) 




She wore these last week to her class :)






Have a fantastic Day! Thanks for each and every sweet comment on my posts! This little blog is growing because of all you...and I am super excited to announce my very first giveaway soon :)










xo










Lina

Love it?







Pin It















Joining these parties:
href="http://tatertotsandjello.com/" target="_blank">





Design Dazzle





The 36th Avenue



The Not So Simple Housewife















Photobucket"/>









Passionately Artistic











Tip Junkie handmade projects













Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special













freckled laundry























































19 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

love these! too bad I don't know how to sew. it's on my list to learn :)

 
At November 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

That is the cutest idea ever!! You are so right what a great Christmas gift!

Carol

 
At November 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Object of Maya*ffection said...

SO ADORABLE!! I wanna run out and buy those sox for me!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

so adorable!
Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

 
At November 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Punky Prep said...

I featured these on my blog today. Cute!
(I actually own these socks :))
www.craftingrebellion.com

 
At November 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Nayana said...

This is so clever..love it. your lil girl is so cute...following you.

Nayana@CherishDreamLive

 
At November 16, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

SOOOO CLEVER!

STICKER for you my friend!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

HI! Stopping by from tip junkie. These are awesome! You make them look so easy too. I would love for you to link this up to my Friday link party tomorrow :)

 
At November 18, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

I love the socks you found! Target clearance is the best! (I had posted the holiday ones!) Thanks for stopping by my site!

Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

 
At November 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Great tutorial. Those are beautiful. I liked the way they turned out. So glad you shared on Monday Madness. You make me want to learn to sew!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Crafty Texas Girl said...

These would make perfect 'baby legs' too. Visiting from Not So Simple Housewife.
:) crafty texas girls

 
At November 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

These turned out really great. I have got to try this - I'm sure my girls would love some of these. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Honey I'm Home Blog said...

SEW cute! I have to give this a try.

Warmly, Michelle

 
At November 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! My daughters have a few pairs but always want more, so I will now how to make them now!
Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

 
At November 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Whit said...

What a good idea. Thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

 
At November 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

SO CUTE (the project AND your little girl)! Thanks for sharing how to make these!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Lina,

I'll be featuring you in an hour or so... thank you for sharing!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So cute. Your daughter is so adorable.

 
At December 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger The Pervist said...

As the mother of dancers...one of whom is potty training....I would like to thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home