<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Photo Coasters (thrifty upcycle)

Friday, November 18, 2011

DIY Photo Coasters (thrifty upcycle)





Would you buy these not so stylish coasters at Gooodwill? I did..for $1.99.


And then I transformed them into a cute priceless photo gift with Mod Podge!!
For this you need:
Photos
Mod Podge
Clear Acrylic Spray
Coasters
Paint brush or sponge

Start by tracing your coaster on the photo and cutting it out. Then paint a coat of Mod Podge on the coaster and place your photo on top. Don't forget to smooth out any bubbles. (I use a credit card or something similar.) When that is dry, paint a few coats of Mod Podge on top (drying inbetween coats.) Lastly spray the clear coat on top and let dry.



These make excellent grandparent gifts. My mom went crazy for these when I accidently had them out when she was over. She didn't realize I had made them for her for Christmas. She has western decor so these will be cute!




I also made one to match the french label table I painted :)





This was my fav photo shoot of my kids thus far from 2009 when we lived in Las Vegas. Besides my Christmas card that year I had not done any projects with these sweet pics. I wanted to give a photo credit "shout out" to my friend Jessie Emeric of




The Emerics are incredible wedding and lifestyle photographers in Las Vegas. This shoot was done at Bonnie Springs Ranch in Las Vegas, NV...a fun western town! Thanks Jessie for these beautiful memories :)



















XOXO




Lina


Love it?
Pin It







Joining these awesome parties:
href="http://tatertotsandjello.com/" target="_blank">

Design Dazzle

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special







Tip Junkie handmade projects

target="_blank">Photobucket
HOG


shabby creek cottage



”hbcbutton”













9 Comments:

At November 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So clever! I love all your ideas, you've always got great ones, and these are precious. Thanks for sharing the DIY

 
At November 18, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

I'll have to be on the lookout for coasters! Great Christmas gift.

Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

 
At November 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Blogger lilmoomoo said...

cuuuuuuuute idea!!!

hopping over from tater tots and jello :)

lovelovelove
moo.

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/

 
At November 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Aisling said...

Think I might have to head to the thrift shop next time I'm out and see if I can pick up some coasters cheap.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Gayle Page-Robak said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous coaster art. Beautifully created. Your little ones are also adorable; real cuties. I have joined your followers list and would love to have you to join me as well. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great job on the coasters. Thanks for the idea.

Stopped by via Design Dazzle Link Up of 100 Wonderful Christmas Ideas.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Nikki Monet said...

These came out beautifully!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

Have a great week!!

 
At July 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM , Blogger The Prudent Pantry said...

Great idea to use those old coasters! Can't wait to try this for a frugal holiday gift idea.

I would love it if you would share this at my new 12 Days of Christmas in July linky party. You can link up here:

http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/twelve-days-of-christmas-in-july-linky.html

I can’t wait to get organized for a peaceful and frugal holiday season!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home