<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Jalepeno Cilantro Hummus & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipes

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jalepeno Cilantro Hummus & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipes




Hummus has been quite popular in our house lately, and I'm thrilled since my picky eaters aren't into eating veggies unless it's dipped in something. I feel like this might be healthier than ranch.
I decided to make my own hummus instead of buying it because it goes fast, can be pricey at the store, and to prove to my dear hubby that the giant Cuisinart food processor was not a bad purchase :) Let's all give him "I told you so!" all at once! Ha.
I was inspired to make the jalapeño cilantro hummus from the one at Costco. It is heaven, and kind of tastes like guacamole...YUM.

Here are the ingredients I used in mine:
Jalapeños Cilantro Hummus
· 2 16oz cans of Garbanzo beans (rinsed)
· 1 Cup chopped Cilantro
· 3 cloves minced garlic
· 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
· 2 tsp Cumin
· 3 diced jalapeños (no seeds)
· 3 Tbs lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

I minced the garlic first, then added the garbanzo beans and let it go for about 30 sec, while slowly adding the olive oil and lemon.



Throw in the jalapeños, and cilantro, and finally the cumin, salt & pepper.


That was so easy, right?! We like spicy so three jalapeños were great for us, but adjust accordingly.



For the kids I made a non spicy
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
· 2 cans garbanzo beans
3 cloves minced garlic
· 1/2 C Olive oil
· 1 Tbs Seseme oil
· 1/2 C red onion
· 1 can roasted red peppers (tip: my dollar store carries jars for $1)
· 2 Tbs lemon juice
· 2 tsp Paprika
· Salt & Pepper to taste


Serve with your fav veggies or pita chips like us....Happy Snacking!! Perfect for summer :)







Speaking of summer, hope everyone is having a good one! I am trying to keep these kids busy with swim lessons and indoor activities! It's H-O-T.


My good news this week is that I am attending Blogher 2011 in San Diego in a couple weeks!!!!

I’ll be Wearing Cute Shoes to BlogHer '11!















This will be my first blog conference. Are any of you attending? I only know one person who is going...gotta channel my inner networking self! Ha













I'm very excited to learn more about this industry and be inspired,....oh and to also cool off in SD with some mommy alone time!





xo
Lina

Pin It















Partying at:
Summer Camp @Design Dazzle









Tickled Pink at 504 Main

Foodie Friday@ Momtrends

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





Photobucket

8 Comments:

At July 22, 2011 at 5:21 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

Great recipes! We're big hummus eaters as well. I always take some to family gatherings and it's gone in a heartbeat.

 
At July 22, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Candace said...

I had an amazing Jalapeno Cilantro hummus from Whole Foods last year and had forgotten about it. I've recently made my first batch of hummus. Thank you for the reminder of that delicious flavor combo. I am definitely giving your recipe a try. Congrats on attending your blogger conference! That would be fun to do someday. Have a great weekend!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

Love these dips! Thanks so much for sharing on Momtrends' Friday Food linky. I'm going to BlogHer too! Hope we run into each other!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks yummy! I'll be sure to try this next time we have a get together with friends! Found you at Tatertots & Jello :)

 
At July 23, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I came across your blog on Tater Tots and Jello! My family loves hummus and I usually make the red pepper version, but your jalapeno hummus looks delish...I'll have to try it!

I'm hosting a link party..."Fusion Fridays" {Open All Weekend!}
http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

I would love it if you would come by today and link up!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That honestly sounds like the best hummus I've ever heard of. I'm excited to try it!
Would love to have you link up to my summer long linky party!

"Life's a Picnic!" party!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Oh my yum! Pinned and tweeted it. Sounds delish!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

I love hummus. Can't wait to try these recipes. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home