<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Pedestal Cloche & Kid Easter Table

Saturday, April 2, 2011

DIY Pedestal Cloche & Kid Easter Table




My thrift-ing obsession continues (specifically candlesticks) along with painting things white!






Here is the latest. I found the pieces at my Goodwill for $4.99 total









After some spray paint and E600 glue we have a mini pedestal cloche. My inspiration for this was from Thrifty Decor Chic.









I put some Peeps in mine and placed on the kid table.



Today while buying these peeps my daughter kept calling them "Poops". lol



My son promptly corrected her and said, "No, those are called Peeps. The Easter bunny poops jelly beans." Seriously the kid knows it all at age 5.






The Pottery Barn Kids table was a gift from my father last year to the kids and we have dressed it up for each holiday. It really has been fun for the kids, ages 2 and 5 currently, to have their own table. They have the funniest conversations here as you can imagine. :)






I saw this cute carrot napkin idea at Charm Bracelet Diva. I didn't have pipe cleaners but used green curly ribbon for mine. The plates are from Target, and placemats are from Ikea, I think $1.99 each.






I wonder how long these Peeps will last when they wake up from naps and see?






Enjoy!






xoxo






Lina












Linking to:




Between Naps on the Porch



















The Girl Creative







Making




 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/




Get Your Craft On Tuesday
Anything Related


HOG
Photobucket Transformation Thursday









""/>


504 MainPhotobucket


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

25 Comments:

At April 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Our Hopeful Home said...

Your cloche and table are adorable. Love your take on my carrot cutlery! Hope the kids did, too!

Kathleen

 
At April 4, 2011 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Super cute! I love the peeps in the cloche!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger ~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you at dittle dattle.

LOVE your pedestal. I must get to goodwill this week and take a look! Your carrot silverware wrap is also just adorable. I love Easter!

 
At April 4, 2011 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks great. I just finished a cloche too. Great finds. Peeps are perfect for a kids table.

 
At April 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Phyllis said...

I laughed so much at what your little girl and boy had to say about the "peeps and poops". Being a retired first grade teacher, I can visualize the entire conversation....LOL ! That was so thoughtful of your dad to buy them their own table and chairs. I still have my little set from my childhood...my grown children used it, and then my four grandsons adored it.....it is now waiting for future great grandchildren. I wish your table set a long and happy life, too! The carrot napkins are so special....I will try and put that in my memory bank! Please, stop by a visit when you can .....hugs, Phyllis

 
At April 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Very cute cloche and table...beautiful and 'Spingy'!:)

Sanghamitra.
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

 
At April 4, 2011 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I LOVE this. I think the colors are perfect and so cute to put in some easter treats. Great post! thanks for sharing.

chickhardware.blogspot.com

 
At April 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

I love the way those peeps look under the cloche!! Very fabulous!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh my...I am so in love with your blog!! Your style reminds me so much of myself! I am constantly trying to figure out how I can "repurpose" things! I am now following you...I hope you will come follow me! I am a brand new blogger; therefore, I have lots to learn! I plan to post lots of my ideas over the next few weeks!
Looking forward to getting to know you!!!

~~~rhonda~~~
http://ablissfulspirit.blogspot.com/

 
At April 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That is adorable! I love the bright colors.

Visiting from Savvy Southern Style!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

That is so cute. Love it. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM , Blogger MeMeSue said...

Love it!! Just toooooo cute! I enjoy kiddo's convo's. They do say the darndest things. Write them down so when they get older you can recount what the kids say. That's what I do with the grands. My one grandson is 3 and is struggling with his "S" sounds...so every time he sees me now he tells me I'm "tilly" Love it!
I'm your newest follower...hope you'll stop over and visit me!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! We have the world's worst goodwill and I never find anything that good! Love the carrot napkins, too!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

Super cute! I love the Peeps and carrots! :)

 
At April 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Lori said...

Wonderful ide.

 
At April 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Tanya said...

So cute, bright and cheery!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

The candlestick and cloche look like they were made for each other! I absolutely LOVE the carrot inspired cutlery bundles! Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Honey I'm Home Blog said...

How adorable! LOVE it. How cute for a kid's table especially.

Warmly, Michelle

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Krysta said...

What a cute party idea!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Miss Charming said...

Love the carrot napkin idea! I'm definitely going to have to try it!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Charity said...

Thank You for sharing this, it is so stinkin' cute. You have inspired me.

Cha Cha

 
At April 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Mel Creates Often said...

Hi! I'm a new follower on Google and FB, from Tater Tots blog hop. You do everything! I gave you the Versatile Blogger award. I hope you haven't received it before, but you can go to my post here and check it out: http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

 
At April 11, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute, and I love the simplicity of it all, especially the carrot silverware!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Of course I love the cloche and the little chicks inside is perfect. The carrots are such a fabulous idea. Very creative. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

 
At April 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Very cute! The "carrot" silverware is adorable and your pedestal cloche looks great! :) Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home